Links from my del.icio.us account for November 26th through November 28th:
- Big Bailouts, Bigger Bucks | The Big Picture – "The $4.6165 trillion dollars committed so far is about a trillion dollars ($979 billion dollars) greater than the entire cost of World War II borne by the United States: $3.6 trillion, adjusted for inflation (original cost was $288 billion)."
- The Irresponsibility of Thomas Friedman — A Jewish Magazine, an Interfaith Movement – In this specific case, his irresponsibility on the Arab-Israeli conflict.
- AlgerieFocus – New website on Algeria. [French]
- World Politics Review | Global Insights: World’s Arms Trade Surging, but for How Long? – "China, India, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates regularly rank among the largest weapons buying states." What are the latter two doing with those weapons, really? Are they ending up being resold in Central Africa or what?
- calamities of exile – bookforum.com / in print – A review of a new book on Ed Said (and another one on Solzhenitzyn.
- Israel bans press in the Gaza Strip
(The Christian Science Monitor) – Three weeks with no access as blockade causes what UN calls a humanitarian catastrophe.