Links from my del.icio.us account for March 31st through April 1st:
- FT.com / Middle East / Politics & Society – Saudi prince’s elevation ends guessing game – More on Prince Nayef.
- Gause: On Prince Nayef and the Succession | Marc Lynch – Abu Aardvark features Greg Gause on Saudi succession and Prince Nayef's appointment.
- Hitchens, Rushdie and MosDef on Bin Laden, Iran and nukes « Kafr al-Hanadwa – More Hitchens and friends, on Bill Maher's show.
- Who Profits from the Occupation? – Website tracks Israeli companies that profit from the occupation and settlements.
- Christopher Hitchens on Lebanon and Syria | vanityfair.com – Hitchens writes about his Beirut altercation with SSNP thugs, has dinner with mini-Hariri.
- The Angry Arabs’ comments section – Since Angry Arab does not have a comments section, his fans set up this blog to reblog, discuss, and add extra stuff.
- BBC NEWS | Africa | Hundreds feared drowned off Libya – Terribly sad.
- Yossi Brent? ‘The Office’ to get Israeli version – Haaretz – Israel News – You disappoint me Ricky Gervais. But he had a good line: "In response to the news, Gervais told the U.K. newspaper The Guardian, "I am thrilled and amazed that Israel is making 'The Office' with local writers, directors and actors. I mean, who ever heard of Jewish entertainers?"" And of course the Arab in this version will be the warehouse manager (played by a black man in the US version, tough working class whites in the original version).